For this second installment of the holiday traditions series, we have party mix. When everyone comes home for the holidays, we always make up a big batch of this so we have something to snack on while we sit around and talk and catch up. It's so easy to make, and you can customize it with whatever you'd like to throw in there!
Approximately 9 cups of cereal - your choice! I used 3 cups wheat chex, 3 cups corn chex, and 3 cups cheerios
2 cups of bite-sized pretzels
10 oz can of mixed nuts
1 stick of margarine (1/2 cup)
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional: bagel chips
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Mix up the cereal, pretzels, nuts, etc.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave.
4. Add seasonings and Worcestershire sauce to the butter.
5. Spoon the butter mixture a little at a time over the cereal mix, stirring the cereal as you go so that's it gets evenly coated.
6. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hr and 15 mins, taking it out to stir it up every 15 minutes or so.
7. Let it cool, then store it in an air-tight container.
8. Feed it to your friends and family and watch them smile! =D