Monday, March 1, 2010

Steak Fajitas



Mmmmm, steak fajitas!  One of my ALL TIME favorite recipes!  These don't need much of an introduction, I'm sure everyone has had them before.  This recipe is simple, but soooo delicious.  I've tried many more complicated recipes, but I've settled on this one as being the best. 

INGREDIENTS:

A couple of steaks, cut into bite sized pieces
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 bell peppers, any color, coarsely chopped
Packet of fajita seasoning (I use Meijer brand)
1/3 cup lime juice
About half a bottle of beer (I prefer Corrona, but any kind works)
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Flour tortillas, any size
Sour cream to taste
Shredded Mexican blend cheese to tast

DIRECTIONS:

1. Marinade the steak in the beer and lime juice.  Overnight is best, but an hour will do if you're crunched for time.

2. Drain most of the liquid and then put the steak into a slightly oiled frying pan.  Add the onion, bell peppers, packet of fajita seasoning and fresh cilantro.  Cook over medium-high heat until the meat is well browned.

3.  Serve in flour tortillas with as much cheese and sour cream as you desire.  Que delicia!

1 comment: