We designed our own "save the date" post cards (and ordered them on www.vistaprint.com for free - just paid shipping!). Those went out several months ago:
I made our ring bearer pillow (including the flower):
Designed a guest book out of our engagement photos (ordered from My Publisher - love the quality!):
And finally, the project that has occupied my life for the past several weeks...I made invitations from SCRATCH!
I designed the invitations myself, printed and cut them myself. And each of those flowers was hand stamped!
I even made my own envelope liners by tracing and cutting them from a large sheet of paper:
As a final touch, I designed monogram postage stamps, and ordered them from Zazzle.com:
And, with just 45 days to go (eeek!), I still have an enormous to-do list!
I need to...
- Make my veil
- Make my bracelet
- Finish the bridesmaid's gifts (they're getting pretty clutches with hand-made flowers, a bracelet and earrings)
- Make ceremony programs
- Make table numbers and menus
- Figure out the seating chart
- Make escort cards
- Make kissing balls/pomanders for flower girls
- Make favors and associated packaging (we're doing chocolate dipped pretzel rods)
- Make emergency kit
- Pay off final vendor balances
- Apply for our marriage license after June 28
- Wrap all attendant gifts
- Send out shower thank you's
- Get final headcount to the reception venue
- Have final dress fitting
Wow...it's enough to make you dizzy! So this is why there probably won't be another cooking post until after the big day - July 24. Until then, happy eating!