Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fish Tacos

I never thought I would like fish tacos.  Something about them just sounded gross to me.  But one day, when I was feeling adventurous, I decided to give them a try.  Wow, are they good!  Now I deeply regret all those years I went without this amazing dish in my life!  So I'm making up for lost time by eating these on a regular basis now. :)

Ingredients
1 lb white fish (so far I've tried tilapia and halibut, both were great!)
1 Tbs oil
Tortillas
Salsa or other toppings of choice

For the cilantro cream sauce (this really makes the tacos, so don't skip!):
1 small container sour cream
4 Tbs fresh cilantro, minced
2 Tbs lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions

Cook the fish in a frying pan over medium heat with the oil.  It should only take about 3 minutes per side.  Fish is done when it begins to flake apart easily.

To make the cilantro cream sauce, simply mix together all the ingredients listed.

Shred the fish and serve in the tortillas with toppings of choice.  I decided to serve mine with my favorite fresh avocado salsa, which I thought was perfect!

Note: the original recipe calls for marinating the fish prior to cooking, but I find that the toppings (cilantro and lime sour cream mixture plus the salsa) have all the flavoring you need, so I save time by skipping that step.

Adapted from this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment