1 bag of frozen gnocchi (mine was 24 oz)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce (I got the Hunts brand seasoned with garlic, oregano and basil)
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil2 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Grated Parmesan and Romano cheese
1) Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Be careful not to overcook it, or it starts to fall apart and makes a mess!
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
3) Cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
4) Then add tomatoes to the skillet and cook, until juicy, about 2 minutes. Finally, add butter. As soon as butter has melted, remove skillet from heat.
5) Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
6) Drain gnocchi and combine with vegetables. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
7) Serve, topped with cheese as desired.
Original recipe found here.