Saturday, January 29, 2011
Broccoli Cheese Soup
This yummy soup is the perfect comfort food for a dreary winter day! Ready to eat in just 15-20 minutes too!
1/2 block of Velvetta cheese (1 lb), cubbed (the reduced fat kind works too)
10 oz frozen bag of broccoli, thawed (this can be accomplished just by running under hot water; I'd also advise chopping up any large pieces of broccoli)
1 small-medium sized onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbs flour
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add flour to the onion and stir well.
3. Gradually add milk to the pan, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
4. Bring milk to a boil, then reduce to medium low.
5. Add broccoli and cheese. Stir until cheese is completed melted.
Inspiration recipe found here.