Monday, January 31, 2011

Pesto!


How did I manage to live for 27 years before trying pesto?  I'm not sure, but man have I been missing out!  This was super delicious - Mike said it's way better than any other pesto he's tried.  And with how quick and easy it is to make, I think it's about to become a regular menu item!

You can do a lot of things with pesto.  I mixed about 3/4 of this with 1 box of pasta of whole grain pasta and two breasts of cooked and diced chicken.  Then I mixed the remaining 1/4 to of the pesto with two cans of tuna and a little mayo, which turned out to be the best tuna fish sandwiches we've ever had!  So with this recipe, we got dinner for two nights AND lunch for two days!  Not bad for a night of cooking. :)

INGREDIENTS

2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 artichoke heart
1/4  cup sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS

If your sun dried tomatoes are really dry, you may want to soak them in the olive oil for awhile first.  Then just toss everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment