Saturday, December 25, 2010

First Christmas Together

Christmas 2009 was our first Christmas together as a married couple.  It felt pretty special. :)  We don't do a whole lot of decorating, but we set up our cute little 3.5 foot tall artificial tree (we put it up on an end table so it wouldn't look so scrawny).

Thankfully there was only one incident of "redecorating" by the kitties this year (and really, how can you blame them?  Mike put some birds with real feathers within their reach!).  Although I was really concerned early on because I caught Mohawk watching us very intently as we set up the tree...

2009 also marks the first year I got my sh*t together enough to send out Christmas cards!  Go ME!
I love photo cards, and I thought that would be a great way to get some more use out of our lovely wedding pictures, but I was really surprised by the cost!  So we went back to good ol' vistaprint, and ordered some of their custom postcards (I discovered this wonderful website when I made our wedding Save the Dates).  I just waited for one of their frequent "100 free postcards" promotion, and just paid the shipping!  I even splurged and added 100 free holiday return address labels for a modest increase in shipping costs.  I sent the postcards in envelopes so that they would look more like real Christmas cards.  Here's what they looked like:
I'm really happy with how they turned out!  It feels like we're a real family now, sending out Christmas cards and everything. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment